Greetings Rochester 1st Family,
I wanted to give you an update on how we are responding to the pandemic and what our plans are moving forward.
1. All Church activities are cancelled until further notice. With the new CDC recommendation of no gatherings over 10 we have decided to cancel all activities. We want to follow the guidelines set forth and be good neighbors in our community by doing our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
2. Worship Services will be video recorded and posted online starting 3/22. We have purchased the necessary equipment to record worship services and livestream them online. This Sunday March 22nd we will record our service and post it online Sunday Afternoon. This will give us a run through before beginning to Livestream. Our goal is that by March 29th we will be live-streaming our services at 10:15am on Sunday’s enabling us to worship together. We will have these posted to our website and plan to livestream on several platforms including Facebook Live.
3. Online Giving is set up. This link will allow you to tithe online https://rochesterfirstbaptist.churchcenter.com/giving. If you give by checking account it requires you to go through a verification process that takes a couple days before you can begin giving. If you use a debit card it works immediately. You can set up one time or recurring giving and you also have the option of covering the cost associated with online giving. It is important during this time to continue to tithe to the Lord, while this is an uncommon time in the life of our church we have not stopped being the church and our giving is done out of obedience and worship to the Lord. You can continue to give to the Annie Armstrong offering as well, we are past our halfway point to our goal of $3,500.
***You may also forgo online giving and mail in your tithe checks, Heather will me making deposits as needed.***
4. We will use Zoom (https://zoom.us) to host Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting, Sunday school classes, and committee meetings. If you are able go ahead and set up an account. I will send out meeting invites and we will get times posted in our bulletin.
5. The office is going to adjust its hours to 8:30am to Noon Monday through Wednesday. We are making this move out of consideration for our employees who have kids at home out of school and to help limit their exposure outside. We will continue to pay our employees as normal because we believe that is the right thing to do during these unprecedented times.
6. Our prayer guide and bulletin will be coming to you digitally through a weekly email to help keep us all connected during this time.
7. Please sign up for www.blesseveryhome.com. Once you sign up connect to our church account as a light. Even though we cannot gather we can be in prayer for our neighbors and this site will help us pray for people by name and help us cover our community in prayer. If you have trouble with it let me know and I’ll try to help guide you, 865-228-2910.
Lastly, let me encourage you that we have no reason for fear during this time, we will continue to adapt and minister in every way possible. We will be flexible and adjust as we continue to monitor the spread of this pandemic. We look forward to gathering again soon but until then let us spend time in the Word and in prayer!