Greetings Rochester 1st Family,
This is an update to the COVIC-19 pandemic and what our plans are moving forward as of April 24th.
1. All Church activities are still cancelled until further notice. While we miss gathering for meals and fellowship we will are still going to hold off on these types of activities until a later date. We will monitor the guidance that comes from our government on this matter.
2. Worship Services will only be on Facebook and Youtube through May 10th. Our goal is to have an outdoor parking lot service on the 17th of May. The May 17th service will also be on Facebook and Youtube so use your best judgment in deciding whether to attend. We continue to encourage high risk individuals to quarantine. More details will be coming on this.
This service could be cancelled due to weather in which we will utilize Facebook and Youtube exclusively. After May 17th we will attempt to continue having parking lot worship services as weather permits and if we feel it is safe to do so. We will practice social distancing while outside. There is no timeline for having services indoor at this time.
3. Online Giving is set up. This link will allow you to tithe online https://rochesterfirstbaptist.churchcenter.com/giving. If you give by checking account it requires you to go through a verification process that takes a couple days before you can begin giving. If you use a debit card it works immediately. You can set up one time or recurring giving and you also have the option of covering the cost associated with online giving. It is important during this time to continue to tithe to the Lord, while this is an uncommon time in the life of our church we have not stopped being the church and our giving is done out of obedience and worship to the Lord. If you mail in your tithe it will be deposited to the bank on the Wednesday after it is received.
4. We will use Zoom (https://zoom.us) to host Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting, Sunday school classes, and committee meetings. If you are able go ahead and set up an account. We will send out meeting invites through email.
5. At this time the office will remain closed other than a couple hours on Wednesdays to count offerings and make bank deposits. If you need anything please contact or and we will get it taken care of.
6. Our prayer guide will continue coming to you digitally through a weekly email to help keep us all connected during this time.
Lastly, let me encourage you that we have no reason for fear during this time, we will continue to adapt and minister in every way possible. We will be flexible and adjust as we continue to monitor the spread of this pandemic. We look forward to gathering again soon but until then let us spend time in the Word and in prayer!